Re: eject floppy in SS10?

yeah, i've tried that... and so my problem now becomes deeper. here is
what's happening:

(floppy is NOT mounted, just inserted)
root@fuzwak ~-#> eject /dev/fd0
eject: open failed for `/dev/fd0': Device or resource busy
root@fuzwak ~-#> eject floppy
eject: open failed for `/dev/fd0': Device or resource busy

root@fuzwak ~-#> cat /proc/devices
Character devices:
  1 mem
  2 pty
  3 ttyp
  4 ttyS
  5 cua
  7 vcs
 10 misc
 11 kbd
 21 sg
 29 fb
 36 netlink

Block devices:
  2 fd
  8 sd
 11 sr

i'm running a kernel 2.1.130, but this was also true on 2.0.36. the
2.1.130 kernel *does* have the FD=y

.
.
.
#
# Floppy, IDE, and other block devices
#
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_FD=y
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_MD is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_NBD is not set
.
.
.

i've even tried this:

for i in /dev/fd0*
do
eject $i
done

and as you can guess, all come back with the same error as
'eject /dev/fd0'...

any ideas?