util-linux 2.9g-6 for sparc

I'm in the run of compiling the latest 2.9g-6 util-linux package for
slink.  Here is my progress:

1. fdisk: the one provided in this package is now working for sparc.  It
   superseeds my sparc-fdisk package which becomes obsolete.
   Added Conflicts & Replaces in the package header to remove my fdisk package
   at installation.

2. hwclock: I added sparc support to hwclock.  The sparc clock package is now
   obsolete too.  Also added Conflicts & Replaces rules to the package header
   to force the removal of the clock package.

3. umount: conflicts with glibc headers (latest libc6-dev 2.0.105-1.2).
   A. /usr/include/sys/mount.h declares umount2() but the libc does not
      provide it.  This fails to compile umount.c.
   B. the kernel headers packaged in libc6 claim they are 2.1.125 but my
      2.1.125 tree from kernel-source + sparc patches are not the same :-(
      Especially, linux/unistd.h should define __NR_umount2.
   I successfully compiled umount after I hacked the source to ignore the
   umount2() declaration of libc & define __NR_umount2 manually but my patch
   is not clean :(
   Now -f (force) option is supported on kernels that provide the umount2
   syscall (latest 2.1 & 2.2).

4. more: termios is still broken on sparc: keys are buffered by block of 4.
   Reverted back to TERMIO ioctl method only for linux-sparc.

Right now it is packaged but I cannot install it because dpkg tells me about
a conflict with fdisk:

# dpkg -i util-linux_2.9g-6_sparc.deb
dpkg: considering removing clock in favour of util-linux ...
dpkg: yes, will remove clock in favour of util-linux.
dpkg: regarding util-linux_2.9g-6_sparc.deb containing util-linux:
 util-linux conflicts with fdisk (<= 2.5-1)
  fdisk (version 2.5-1) is installed.
dpkg: error processing util-linux_2.9g-6_sparc.deb (--install):
 conflicting packages - not installing util-linux
 util-linux_2.9g-6_sparc.deb

It seems it does not like versioned packages.  I swapped clock & fdisk
references on those Conflicts & Replaces lines with no luck. It's now the
clock package that could not be installed :-(

 Conflicts: setterm, getty, clock (<= 1.1-2), fdisk (<= 2.5-1)
 Replaces: miscutils, setterm, getty, clock (<= 1.1-2), fdisk (<= 2.5-1)

Is this a known bug of dpkg ?