Re: error at boot

On Fri, Jun 18, 1999 at 04:26:51PM -0500, Chuque Berry wrote:
> I have a sparc 1+  booted of the CD  installed w/o a hitch
> when I got to boot off the HD I get error:
>
> bad magic number is disk label
> can't open disk label package
>

> I have seen a bad magic number erro before when atempting to boot off of a
> CDrom that wasn't a 'sparc bootable' type.
>
> any ideas?  the scsi ID is set to 3 and when booting off of the CD I
> can verify that this is correct.

Sounds like you haven't set a sun disklabel on your disk.

You can do this with fdisk, though I think you'll have to reinstall. For more info
read the notes of partioning in the sparc install notes for slink.

Someone out there probably has a better idea though, I'm a linux on sparc novice :)

Andrew

--
Andrew Howell
Managing Director