Re: read write ufs from Linux

On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 11:39:41PM +0200, Martin Bruns wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I just install Debian-sparc on a Ultra 5. The Linux System is currently on
> /dev/hda8 and booting the Linux system is no problem via tftp. But I want to
> boot the Solaris system as well, therefore I need to move the /boot directory
> below the 1GB boundary i.e. the first partition.
>
> The Problem is as follows. /dev/hda1 is a ufs system (I have no idea of the
> ufstype). I mounted the partition and can read from it but I'm not able to
> write to it. Is there a special option to mount program in order to get write
> permissions. I have tried the --o remount = rw options but it didn't work.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
> Martin

You need to compile a new kernel with the experimental read/write ufs
option. Note that this might thrash your filesystem, it's an experimental
device driver.

Unfortunately I haven't been keeping up to date on the sparc port, so
I can't advise you as to a good new kernel to use.

--
Elie Rosenblum                 That is not dead which can eternal lie,
http://www.cosanostra.net   And with strange aeons even death may die.