Is there an easy way to downgrade back to slink?

I am baffled by some odd behavior, which seem to have started after I
upgraded to the frozen/potato dist of debian-sparc. I have no reason
to believe that the distribution itself is responsible for any of the
particulars, but I'd like to check. Is there an easy way to check.

I have ideas, but I suspect they are all bad ideas.

1. Install an old version on a different disk/partition. (I have spare
disks and partitions - I'm just not sure how to do this.)

2. resinstall slink from CDs and upgrade again. repeat as
needed. sounds like too much work.

3. change the /etc/apt/sources.list to the previous version. I don't
believe this sufficient and even it was I suspect I'd be wasting lots
of bandwidth.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us