Re: JDK for Sparc64

    Juergen> Sparc support for 1.1.x wasn't that good.  1.2.2 should
    Juergen> run without problems and 1.3.0 (including Debian
    Juergen> packages) will be available soon.

    Stephen> Juergen, such statements continue to amaze me.  Has Sun
    Stephen> changed their licencing or are you just talking about
    Stephen> support for DIY jdk packages?

I don't know what DIY means but I should have phrased that
differently: ".deb packages" instead of "Debian packages" would have
been better.

With the current license the packages can't go into the Debian
distribution, so the packages are only available from our FTP mirrors.
To access the packages you can use
deb ftp://<mirror>/<path_to_blackdown_dir>/debian <dist> non-free
(where <dist> is either potato or woody).

Currently there are ia32 packages for Java2 1.3, Java3D 1.2 and JAI
1.0.2.  Sparc packages will follow soon.

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html