Re: Anyone know any sparc kernel tricks?

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 10:49:13AM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:

> It means that sparc support in test8 isn't working so well. I'm using
> test9 (and getting ready to try test10-pre1) on UltraSPARC, which works
> pretty well. I'm not sure how well sparc32 is working right now.

I still have radom segmentation faults while running dselect (during the update stage)
and lots of signal 11 while compiling any kernels using gcc under 2.4pX kernel

It never happened while running a 2.2.x kernel (no segfault with dselect
and no signal 11 crash with gcc)

Could it be possible that 2.4.x kernel is less permissive with memory corruption ?
I guess my laptop is overheating a little bit more than expected but
another suggestion could be that crashes seems to be correlated with disk access.
Were the ESP drivers re-written for Sparc32 in 2.4 ?

I really never had such problems with 2.2.x (good uptime...for a laptop)

regards,
maxime
--
Baudin Maxime - Laboratoire électronique et communication - CNAM, Paris
 Recherche tous renseignements concernant les poupées en terre de pipe