Re: mouse/keyboard configuration for XFree 4?

check that you have xbase-clients installed. I had a keyboard problem when
upgrading from 3.3.6 to 4.0 on an Intel. backspace sudenly stoped working.
Well, actually it worked as Del, which is anoying. When I went to check
the error messages it complained about not being able to load XKB map same
as you, but in a line before that it complained about not finding xkbcomp,
which, I later found out, comes with xbase-clients, so you might want
to check that.