Re: Debian 2.2r3 on Sun Enterprise 3500

Hi!

> I have an Enterprise 3500 machine that I am trying to install Debian on.

I installed on a Enterprise 3000 without any problem, then having raid took
me more, but installing was flawless

> Unfortunately, it does not seem to be able to access the scsi drives
> during install.  It sees the CDROM, but none of the six scsi drives in
> the system.  No errors about unrecognized scsi controller or anything.

Is the cd on the same controller as the disks?

The 3000 has this controller:
esp0: IRQ 7,db SCSI ID 7 Clk 40MHz CCF=8 TOut 167 NCR53C9XF(espfast)
ESP: Total of 1 ESP hosts found, 1 actually in use.
scsi0 : Sparc ESP366-HME

As I tell you, no problem at all with it.

Regards...
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net