Re: Installation Questions

"Del Campo, Damian" wrote:

> Hi, thanks for the explanation. Can I ask another 2 questions,
>
> 1)
> Is this the same for /target ??

yes it is normal... but if someone else can answer...

> 2)
> Why wouldn't my hard disk have been bootable ?
> If it is just the /boot that needs to be bootable,

yes it is

> should the following config work ?
>
>         sda1    20Mb            /boot   *(bootable partition)
>         sda2    800Mb           /
>         sda3    512Mb           <swap>
>         sdb1    800Mb           /usr
>         sdb2    500Mb           /var
>         sdc1    400Mb           /home

No.

sda3 should be "sun disk label" and "whole disk".

* Look for those key words in the doc:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/sparc/ch-init-config.en.html#s-dbootstrap-partition
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/sparc/ch-partitioning.en.html

* And look in the mailing list archives, for exemple the question:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2001/debian-sparc-200109/msg00049.html
and the answers.

Regards,
Loïc.