Re: SS20 2.4 SMP, irregular boot freezes and swapon segfaults

Hi.

On Wednesday 04 December 2002 01:46, Nicolas WILL wrote:
> On my SS20 I compiled a 2.4.18 kernel with SMP support. I discovered that
> the machine would boot beyond the simple kernel startup only once every 5
> to 10 trys.

Hmm, I have similar problems. I have a SS20 with two 125 MHz Ross Hypersparc,
192 MB, PROM 2.22, TGX graphics. I use a 2.4.18 kernel from kernel.org.

On boot I have problems from time to time when X starts (maybe any 10 to 20
times), screen is dark, keyboard has no effect. But if I then login via
network, the machine wakes up again and X comes up. So I can use the machine
as my every day (privat) workstation.

But if I put in my VSIMM module to make the 24 bit graphics work, the machine
hangs when init starts - every time. Not usable.

Maybe same problem?

Regards,

   Hartwig