RE: Setting speed and duplexing on a sbus QFE interface on an Ultra 1

Andrew,

Thanks for getting back to me with this, as it seemed to be a good
possibility.  Unfortunately, it isn't working.  Apparently, ethtool doesn't
support QFE cards, only HME on Sparc systems.  I have an HME on this system,
and could potentially use it, however I'd rather not have to reconfigure my
system to do so at this point.  I will keep this tool in mind, however.
Apparently, it hasn't been worked on in quite some time (at least this
portion of the gkernel project), so I may put in a feature request for
adding support for my hardware.  In the meantime, however, any more ideas
would be helpful.

Incidentally, I did search the archives, and found precious little regarding
speed and duplexing that was of any real use to my specific situation.  I'll
keep looking, however, and maybe find something more that I missed
previously.  Thanks again.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer

"Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
 --Ben Franklin--