Re: [gentoo-sparc] more info re hypersparc smp w/ 2.4.23-pre5

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 01:18:45PM -0400, Heitzso wrote:

> BTW, I'm running straight debian unstable with
> custom compiled SMP 2.2.25 from kernel.org.  Since
> this 2.2.25 kernel doesn't crash at INIT on the way up
> I'ld guess it isn't the INIT code per se. ??
> Just trying to add data points.

Guys, we use the same init binaries on sparc64 without any trouble.
It's not init, it's the buggy sparc32 kernel.  The kernel is broken in
many ways; some known, some not fully understood.  Please don't go
chasing ghosts when there are so many well-known problems that explain
what you are seeing.

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------