Re: Status of Debian on Sun Blade 150

Hi Wiktor,

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 19:39, Wiktor Wandachowicz wrote:
> And the problem I described with the parted is consistent on the same
> machine. I can't get it to display partitions after I select manual
> partitioning from its menu.

I'm afraid this is user error.
You've put swap as the first partition (starting on cylinder 0). This
overwrites the sun-disklabel that is written in that location!
The result is that parted no longer recognizes the disk during the
"second" installation.

With sun-disklabel you are not allowed to put swap or RAID or LVM at the
start of the disk. ext2/ext3 are OK.

See also:
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.sparc/apbs05.html#id2538449

Cheers,
FJP

P.S. If you want fdisk, just switch to VT2, wget the fdisk udeb from a
mirror [1] and 'udpkg -i' it.

[1] http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/u/util-linux/