RE: An (flamebait ?) idea to preserve debian on sparc32...

Hi Jurij et all,

Is this using the link to initrd.img in /boot?  I had to change my
symlink to read the full path for both vmlinuz and intrd, otherwise it
hangs on bootup as it couldn't find them ... I think.

i.e.
These symlinks hang: -
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root     33 Jul 19 20:02 initrd.img ->
boot/initrd.img-2.6.12-1-sparc32
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root     30 Jul 19 20:01 vmlinuz ->
boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-1-sparc32

And these work fine: -
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root     33 Jul 19 20:02 initrd.img ->
/boot/initrd.img-2.6.12-1-sparc32
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root     30 Jul 19 20:01 vmlinuz ->
/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-1-sparc32

On boot, I see it creating the RAM disk and then releasing the memory
later on.  Shall I post you a copy of a my kern.log from a bootup?

Cheers,

Steve