RE: Remote printing from a Solaris box to a remote Debian-CUPS server

Try

man cups-lpd

It suggests adding something like

printer stream tcp nowait lp /usr/lib/cups/daemon/cups-lpd cups-lpd
       -o document-format=application/octet-stream

to /etc/inetd.conf

Be sure to reload inetd after adding that /etc/init.d/inetd reload

Richard

e/html/ch05s08.html

However, I found nothing adequate in the Debian distribution.

I am aware that my problem is not an all day issue, but maybe someone of
this list has had the same idea and knows more about this subject. Please
let me know.

Cheers
Friedhelm