Re: future libc6-sparcv9 and libc6-sparcv9b support

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 07:51:45PM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
> BTW, if we move to glibc 2.4 series in future, at that time we may
> need to drop LT support.  It means the traditional pre sparcv9 system
> will be also dropped.  Is that acceptable direction for sparc users?
> (Note that dropping LT is not decided and I think we shouldn't do so
> currently).

I think m68k has no nptl either, and as m68k are a very vocal minority
you'll have more flames about that ;-)

Let's try to get NPTL working on 2.3 with all supported architectures
first, that's been long overdue - long term dropping LT is the only
choice, but that'll need a lot more flamewars first unfortunately.