Re: Re: kernel 2.4.18-rc4

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 19:33 +0100, Guido Area46 wrote:
> Ciao Ottavio, anche io ho un problema  di boot con silo: ho una sun, una
> ultra5 installo debian   faccio il reboot e al momento del caricamento
> del kernel ho l'errore:
>
> decompression error: crc error
> error loading /vmlinuz
> come posso fare per effettuare il but?

The official language of this list is English, so unless you repost this
in English I doubt you'll get many responses.  However from my
(extremly) limited grasp of Italian I'd be tempted to suggest the
following:

*. Are you sure the kernel image is not corrupted?
*. Have you tried booting with a stock Debian kernel?  2.4.27 is the
current supported version of the 2.4 series.

HTH

Cheers,
 - Martin