Re: RSC console redirection on a Fire 280R

On Sun, Jun 24, 2007 at 10:24:20PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Let's try 2.6.19.2 that used to work... oh, I seem to have demolished its
> initramfs image. Somehow.

Just so I don't leave that issue 'up in the air', the kernel had said:

checking if image is initramfs...it isn't (no cpio magic); looks like an initrd

and then it panicked when it couldn't mount root fs.

It looks like that initrd.img image got rebuilt with a newer version of
update-initramfs, and that actually made the old kernel (compiled in an
older environment) not recognize it. Oh well, an (updated and) recompiled
kernel works.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.