Re: OT: replacing SunSparc 10 faulty network onboard card

Hi,

An Ultra 10 (desk side pcish looking case) has 4 PCI slots.   Cheap random
pci network cards work just fine.  I'm sure that I've used 3com 9xx ones
and dlink (something or another) ones with no problem.  The onboard is a
Sun HME.  You can get those on a PCI card, and also can get 4 on a single
PCI card.  Ebay is your friend.

A SparcStation 10 is a older pizza box.  The onboard is a Sun/AMD LE.
You can get cheap HME SBus cards on ebay etc.  That said, you will have
to work a bit to get a recent Linux on a SparcStation 10.  Sadly the 32 bit
sparcs aren't maintained anymore.  That said, they were quite slow by
today's standards.

good luck!

cheers

bruce