RE: Debian on a Sparcstation 2

At Mon, 25 May 2009 15:14:00 +0200
joel.bertrand@systella.fr wrote,
> Etch for both. SS2 cannot run with Sarge.

Thanks.

> I know, but as sun4, sun4c and sun4m support have been dropped, you
> have to install another OS or drop your SS2 :-(

OK thanks.  Will try to put Etch on the external
drive and keep NetBSD in mind.  What is likely
to fail if Etch is left on the SS2 for years?

The lifespan of these Sparcs is amazing.  The SS2
demonstrates hardware durability and is good
for low demand http service.

Regards,          ... Peter E.

Windows Live helps you keep up with all your friends, in one place.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9660826