Lenny boot hangs on Sun Ultra 5

Hello all,
I did install on my Sun Ultra 5 Debian Lenny, using installation image from
 http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/5.0.3/sparc/iso-cd/debian-503-sparc-CD-1.iso
Installation finished OK, but when I tried to boot new linux, the system hangs
trying launch desktop. I have black screen with cursor in left upper coner.
Attempts to launch virtual tervinals failed.
System responds to ping, but any tcp connects (telnet, ssh, http) refused.
I seen the same problem in this mail list, but it was not answered.
So I want to ask some questions.
1. Is there solution or workaround for this problem?
2. Can I boot lenny in single user mode?
3. Can I boot lenny without running desktop?
4. Can I by some means disable launching desktop?
Thanks in advance!