Re: How to boot SUN T5220?

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 05:19:03PM -0300, Flamarion Jorge wrote:
[...]
> > First thanks for trying to help me.
> >
> > My problem is: I can not load the silo from the "ok prompt"
> >
> > When i install Debian, using guided partitioning of Debian Installer,
> > and the installation finished successfully, after the first reboot I get
> > the following message:
> >
> > {0} ok boot disk
> > Boot device: /pci@0/pci@0/pci@2/scsi@0/disk@0  File and args:
> > Bad magic number in disk label
> > Can't open disk label package
> > ERROR: boot-read fail
> >

> > Can't open boot device
> >
> >> Try 'boot disk1'.
>
> Hi Jurij,
>
> {0} ok boot disk1
> Boot device: /pci@0/pci@0/pci@2/scsi@0/disk@1  File and args:
> ERROR: boot-read fail
>

> Can't open boot device
>
> {0} ok

Ok, it must be something else then. Usually, when there is a problem
with disklabel, a standard recommendation is to zero out the first few
megabytes of the disks and then write a brand new disklabel to make
sure that everything is ok (warning: this will irrecoverably destroy
all data on the disks!). It goes something like this:

1. Boot the installer as usual.
2. Proceed to the point where the disks are detected and partitioner
is started.
3. Press 'Back' button until you get to installer menu.
4. Choose an option to start a shell.
5. Run the following commands:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=1M count=100
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb bs=1M count=100
sync

6. Exit the shell and restart the partitioner.
7. Choose the guided partitioning, it should write a new disklabel and
create the partitions.
8. Continue installation as usual.

Best regards,
--