Re: Running applications remotely on headless SPARC box

On 09/16/2012 10:13 PM, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
Don't set DISPLAY.  ssh -X should take care of that.
Without export DISPLAY it might just work.

Bye,

Joost

Actually I've disabled IPv6 since XDMCP was listening on udp6 and I was having issues with Solaris 10 being able to login to the Debian box. Still isn't working though.... :-(

Even without setting the DISPLAY variable it still doesn't work?

I will have to try it on my Intel GPU'd notebook but so far my NVidia based workstation isn't doing anything and I couldn't get my Sun Ray to work either :-(

Could I have run into this bug:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-ssh/2010/10/msg00026.html

dpkg -l ssh gives this:

ii openssh-client 1:5.5p1-6+squeeze2 secure shell (SSH) client, for secure access to remote machines

??