Re: sparc64 pbuilder/cowbuilder setup with qemu

On 12/25/22 14:38, Gregor Riepl wrote:
I suggest reporting this as a QEMU bug first and they'll tell you whether you're
at the right address or need to forward this to the kernel or glibc people.

Done: https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/1394

Exemplary bug report, thanks a lot!

I'll create an appropriate Debian bug when I have more information (i.e. which package needs to be fixed).

Great, thanks!

I hacked apt (see below) to get around the issue and started what I was originally trying
to do: https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=nss&ver=2%3A3.85-1&arch=sparc64

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, you can just configure apt to run as root to avoid
this problem.

Unfortunately, the "uname: Bad address" doesn't appear in qemu. Looks like I'll have to
debug this on the actual hardware after all.

Is this a known issue?

Not that I know of. However, I would just bisect the issue in nss.

FWIW, I know that there is going to be a new SPARC machine in the GCC compile farm based
on a SPARC T4-2 that should become available soonish.
While trying to trace the libnss issue, I also encountered a crash in g++,
which I haven't been able to debug yet.

I bet you will run into some more issues as qemu-user with sparc64 has seen little testing.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer