Re: Help needed to make Lazarus compile on Sparc64

Hello Abou!

On Sat, 2023-05-27 at 20:44 +0200, Abou Al Montacir wrote:
> I was trying to make Lazarus compile on Sparc64 for long time.
> There was a bug in Free Pascal Compiler that prevented that: https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/issues/40252
> I manged to make upstream generate a patch for that and uploaded it to experimental: https://tracker.debian.org/news/1432268/accepted-fpc-322dfsg-21rc1-source-into-experimental/

Thanks for fixing this bug!

> I tried to connect to kyoto.debian.net to test it, but I got timout on SSH connection.

kyoto is unfortunately offline because I lost the place for hosting it and
I haven't found a new home for this server yet. At the moment, the machine
is sitting in my shelf at home in storage.

There is some hope we will have a SPARC-T4 available soon that is currently
being set up for the GCC compile farm and that we can get some LDOMs on
(SPARC virtual machines).

> I've spent the day trying to update my QEMU VM or to install a new one, but
> it seems that QEMU version shipped with Bookworm is buggy on Sparc64.
> So that to say I completely lost he day without any success.

You can use qemu-user which is easier to use:

> https://wiki.debian.org/M68k/sbuildQEMU
> https://wiki.debian.org/SH4/sbuildQEMU

> Can anyone please, try to rebuild Lazarus on Sparc64 with FPC from
> experimental and let me know if that is OK?

I'll give it a try.

> Or at least provide access to a Sparc64 machine where I can do it myself?
>
> PS: I'm not subscribed to this list, so please keep me in copy.

Noted.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz