Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2023-06-06

Hi Dennis!
.
.
.
Sadly this machine seems to be nothing but a fancy brick with 64G of
   expensive ECC memory etc etc.

I don't think the Fujitsu SPARC64 CPUs were ever officially supported by
the Linux kernel, were they? Probably not going to happen in the future
either.

Someone pointed out to me that the problem was seen back in 2017 :

https://oss.oracle.com/pipermail/linux-sparc-users/2017-October/000029.html

So looks like no joy with Linux ever.  However my other sparcv9 machines
may be perfectly fine. I will be doing tests.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC