Re: [COMMITTED] Remove obsolete Solaris 11.3 support

On Fri, 2024-05-10 at 12:14 +0200, Richard Biener wrote:
> > Because I wasn't subscribed to gcc-patches and I'm also only subscribed now
> > without receiving messages due to the large message volume on this list.
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-13/changes.html
>
> > The problem with announcements on developer mailing lists is usually that they
> > usually don't reach any users. I was made aware of this change only when I
> > checked about the recent changes to GCC Git.
>
> Where do you expect such announcement then?

That's a difficult question, to be honest. From a user perspective, it's hard to
track these upstream announcements. I would argue that most users don't follow
all such changes in the upstream projects they are using and, to be honest, I really
wouldn't have expected that Solaris 11.3 would be considered obsolete.

If it had been for Solaris 7, 8 or 9, I would totally understand. But even Solaris 10
is something that Oracle still supports [1].

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer