Re: [COMMITTED] Remove obsolete Solaris 11.3 support

Hi Richard,

> On Fri, May 10, 2024 at 10:54 AM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
> <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

>> > I wonder why you didn't raise your concerns 1 1/2 years ago when I
>> > announced the obsoletion of Solaris 11.3 support?
>>
>> Because I wasn't subscribed to gcc-patches and I'm also only subscribed now
>> without receiving messages due to the large message volume on this list.
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-13/changes.html

exactly, and the announcement also went to the main gcc list:

	https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/2022-December/240322.html

No need to follow gcc-patches at all.

Besides, if John had ever tried to build either GCC 13 or 14 on Solaris
11.3, gcc/configure would have told him about the obsoletion in no
uncertain terms.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Center for Biotechnology, Bielefeld University