globus-net-manager FTBFS during python 3.10 transition

Hi!

The globus-net-manager package failed to build from source on m64k and
sh4 during the python 3.10 transition. I tried giving the package back,
but the second attempt failed in the same way.

I did build the package successfully on the m68k porterbox
mitchy.debian.net, so I can not reproduce the failure there.

The build fails, for both m68k and sh4, because doxygen fails to
produce any output files. The package uses a perl script as a filter
during the doxygen run. The failures are consistent with what would
happen if the filter failed to produce any output.

Doxygen uses popen to run filters. Is there an issue with using popen
to run perl scripts on the buildds for m68k and sh4?

The reason I ask is that I found this report in BTS:
which seems to be a similar issue.
Popen will fork and exec the perl script as:

/bin/sh -c "./perlscript.pl arg"

where ./perlscript.pl is a text file with a #!/usr/bin/perl shebang.

Or maybe the issue is something completely different.

Did something change between 2021-08-18 and 2022-03-28 that would cause
a package that succeeded to build on the first date, to fail a binNMU
(i.e. no changes to the source package) on the second date. The binNMU
was successful for all other architectures.

	Mattias