Re: potato ssh problem

Pann McCuaig <pann@ourmanpann.com> writes:

> apt-get install ssh
>
> in potato requires debconf, which requires perl-5.005. With perl-5.004
> only (from a slink->potato upgrade) ssh configuration fails.
>
> This dependency isn't stated, and in fact a bogus warning message is
> given about needing to install debconf only if you're upgrading from
> non-free SSH and are using it for the upgrade.

You're quite right, unfortunately.  It looks like I forgot to put the
debconf installation check around a call to db_stop in the postinst.

I've just uploaded 1.2.3-7 to non-us's incoming, which should install
without debconf being around.  It's also available here:

  http://www.hands.com/~phil/debian/openssh/ssh_1.2.3-7_i386.deb

Please test it.

Cheers, Phil.