Re: Slink Status

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:13:36 -0500 (EST), Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@CS.WM.EDU> said:

> On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Brian White wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I hope everybody had happy holidays!  Now that most people should
>> be getting back to their "normal" lives, what is the status of
>> Slink?

> Ok, still going by memory, I'll take a shot: 1) Boot floppies: 2.1.4
> looks good to many with some minor problems to touch up.  Do you
> have any outstanding bugs Enrique?

There are many, of course.  None critical.  Most troubling is the
backlight problem on some laptops (may need kernel patch).

I think there's quite a bit of work left for Alpha and m68k boot disks.
I don't know if they all have to release together.

> 4) CD group: they are putting the finishing touches on the scripts,
> mainly reorganizing what packages go on what cd's.  multi-cd stuff
> works.

Probably needs more testing; definately needs more documentation.

> 5) Other archs: haven't heard much.  Are they allowed to sync up and
> release after we've released x86?

I hope so.