Re: Slink minimal install from 2.1.4 disks

----

The first part means that:

1, no check is done that you actually have any NIC drivers installed when
   you configure the network, and
2, the user don't see the errors (though they show up on /dev/tty3).

----

The second part have to do with modconf which is called by dinstall.
Modconf is a shell script installed from the drivers disk
(/usr/sbin/modconf). It gives me two kinds of errors:

1, 0: no such user
 and
2, stuff with the module parameters

I have pinpointed the no such user thing. It comes from the lines

	chown 0.0 $file

and if you switch to tty2 during install you get the same message if you
try the same thing.

----

The third part, well I have not checked it further.

----

Cheers,
/Karl

PS. yes I will try to file a bug report, I am new at that though.

Karl Hammar		Aspö Data		karl@kalle.csb.ki.se
Lilla Aspö 2340		0173 140 57
S-742 94 Östhammar	070 511 97 84		Professionella Linuxlösningar