Slink to potato upgrade

I just upgraded my Toshiba Satellite Pro 430CDT laptop from slink to the
current potato, using apt-get dist-upgrade.

Mostly things worked OK, but there were a few nasties.

Since I was upgrading over a network, I was mildly annoyed when apt shut
down the DHCP client half way through (thus losing my NFS mount and
bailing out of the rest of the install).

Also, since my fileserver was mounted on /mnt, the new autofs decided to
give up and abandon the installation (this might helpfully go in some
install docs).

Finally, I got a swathe of messages of the form
Update-menus: Second-kill-ERROR - report! Resource temporarily
unavailable
Update-menus: ERROR second kill returns 0!, i=0
Update-menus: Parent got SIGUSER2! Please report
which are somewhat inscrutable.

I also noticed that the new 2.2.10 kernel still doesn't have APM built
in, even though it can be turned off at boot by the apm=off option. And
there's no IrDA utils package (that I can see).

Oh, and icewm still has a Debian 2.1 logo on its 'Start' button.

I'll raise bugs for the above.

Ian Redfern (redferni@logica.com)