installation problem 7: X11 - can't cancel Vertical Sync Range dialog

Trying to install the current draft version of potato, using
boot-floppies version 2.2.16-2000-07-14, I encountered the
following:

In the configuration dialogs for X11, the Vertical Sync Range doesn't
let you cancel.  If you activate the Cancel dialog item, nothing seems
to happen.  (I would guess that Cancel leaves the dialog, but some
higher-level control flow puts you right back in that dialog.)

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay
dsb@smart.net