Re: Minor issue while setting up libc6

Matthew Thompson <mattyt@oz.net> writes:

> I have a potato system here at work that I just upgraded to Woody.  While
> setting up libc6, when dselect asks 'Do you wish to Restart Services?
> [Y/n]' I accidentally hit the \ key as I was hitting the [ENTER] key which
> hung the install.  I had to ctrl-c and [ENTER] my way back in.

I doubt if it hung the install. \ is the escape character and was
effectively escaping the newline, so dpkg hadn't actually received an
answer to its question. If you had hit enter a second time, it would
have continued.

--
Dave Carrigan (dave@rudedog.org)            | Yow! I'm continually AMAZED at
UNIX-Apache-Perl-Linux-Firewalls-LDAP-C-DNS | th'breathtaking effects of WIND