reiserfs incompatibility

package: kernel-image-2.2.19-reiserfs

I just installed Woody with kernel 2.2.19-reiserfs from a 2001-11-09 set on
/dev/hda6 (successfully) and found, that I could not read the Mandrake
reiserfs partition on /dev/hda2 with it. Mandrake uses version 3.6.25 of
reiserfs while Debian Woody uses 3.5.34.

Mandrake on the other hand can mount the Debian reiserfs partition without
trouble. That makes me wonder about reiserfs. Is the 3.6.25 version so much
different from the 3.5.34 version that it has to fail with a "bad
superblock..." message, or could there be something else gone wrong?

I am not sure yet if this should be a bug report or not.

- Josef