Re: Solution to malformed Release file?

> Installing with the current(?) bootfloppies, compact flavor, over network
> gives
>
> Malformed Release file
> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/Release
>
> (and with any other mirror also) when the base system is to be installed.
> This is a real showstopper.
>
> As 3.0.18 is already out for a while: is
> there  a quick fix/new bootfloppies in the pipe?

Something to check, I have not tried the latest boot-floppies, probably
fixed, but check anyway: take a look at the downloaded Release file,
make sure it isn't e.g. a 404, and looks "right". Previous versions of
boot-floppies didn't delete the Release file, and hence didn't download
it again when trying a different mirror/path, so maybe also try deleting
the Release file by hand, before trying another mirror?

I'm hoping this won't help you. ;) (meaning this issue's already been
fixed ;) Then still take a look at the downloaded Release file to try
and figure out what is "malformed" about it?

My R0.02 - and the Rand aint worth much anymore these days...
Hugo van der Merwe