Re: Potato to Woody dist-upgrade problems

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> cum veritate scripsit:
>
> > I've resolved all the major problems I've had upgrading my laptop from
> > Potato to Woody. Here is a short report:
> >
> > apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> Have you upgraded apt in woody first?
>
> Not doing so will be pretty unsuccessful, as I reported a while ago,
> removing most good parts of X.
>
> And also dpkg will segfault several times...

This seems to be the crux of my problems. I got several dpkg deaths during
conff file management screens. At some point in the iterations they
stopped. I guess this was because the new apt had finally been installed,
but by then the damage was already done.

Thanks for the info,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux"  _-_-_-_-_-_-