Latest bash_2.05a-4_i386.deb messes up '.bash_profile'?

Maybe this is intended, I'm not sure...

When I first installed Woody, I thought my '.bash_profile' had the
'include .bashrc if it exists' commands intact and operational (in other
words, not commented out).  Certainly, on my Potato box, this is the
case.

However, I just 'apt-get upgrade'ed to a new bash, version 2.05a-4.
When this was subsequently installed, I noticed the replacement
'.bash_profile' has EVERYthing commented out, meaning none of it works
until you edit accordingly... no aliases, directory color, etc.

Since I think it only winds up in /etc/skel, it might not be immediately
obvious.  I only stumbled across it because I was copying files back and
forth, trying to restore a user account to normal.

I'm relatively new to Debian, so can anyone else verify this behavior?

Jeff Bonner

 PGP Key ID = 0x750C5FC2
Fingerprint = 9BBA A791 014A 33DE 9BCC  8B4E AD28 3CB0 750C 5FC2