Woody, 2.4.17, pcmcia, xircom-cb, the universe and me

Hi,

just migrated from RH 7.1 to woody. I did install the 2.4.17 kernel plus
pcmcia-cs. However, when pcmcia is started it does not recognize and
load the driver for the xircom card. Even if I load the driver manually
and start /etc/pcmcia/network start xircom_cb the ifuser seems to hang
for 2 minutes and lock the card. After ifuser terminates, I hear a beep.

If I use modconf to load the modules during kernel load, I am ok (with
the side effect I can not use netenv though).

Am I totally off record or is this a known problem?

Thx.,
Bernd
--

Bernd Kunze                                 bkunze@unispherenetworks.com