Re: a problem

Have a look at grub as a bootloader. I switched to grub more than a year ago and it's just great! Very flexible and it lets you remap drives which may be what you need. Install both the grub and grub-doc packages and do an info grub. Make a boot a grub boot floppy as described and also keep a regualr debian boot floppy handy if I were you. One other advantage of using grub is that you have a simple grub shell at boot up and it see the system as it is before any OS has booted.

Good luck

Jan

--
Message originates from the laptop of:
  J.B Rhebergen, Scientist EM Effects, TNO-FEL