woody Floppy generation problems

Hi

I tried to install debian woody from set of CDs "Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 beta
"Woody" - fsn.hu unofficial i386 Binary-[n]", which I downloaded few days
ago.
Since my system has no way to boot on CD, I tried to build boot floppies :
idepci.bin and root.bin from the "/isolinux" directory on CD.
The generation of those images definetely sucks in my case :
I tried them on windows, with rawrite2.exe, with rawrite v1.3
I also tried to generate those images on a debian box, using dd.

In any case, either floppy generation fails and reports a Sector error
(though I tried it on several floppies, and on several drives), or floppy
is generated and definetely unreadable.On a Debian system I cannot mount generated floppy (I have vfat compiled
in the kernel). On a windows system the floppy FAT seems totally
corrupted, reports a total of several Gigabytes, and shows absolutely crap
and incoherent filenames with plenty of unusual characters in them.
I also tried to download those images from a ftp server, just in case my
CD would be the problem, but those images act the same.
Therefore I wonder if anyone on this list has experienced the same problem.
I also wonder if that problem has already been reported, but I couldnt
find package name to report it as on debian Bug report system.
Please Cc: me in answer since I am not subscribed to this mailing list.

Cheers,

Vincent