Re: dpkg/dselect errors

Hi Oliver, hi Ken,

Oliver Elphick wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-07-07 at 00:01, Ken Stronach wrote:
> > Anytime I try to run apt-get or dselect I get an error with the dpkg system.
> >
> > The error is as follows:
> >
> > dpkg: `update-rc.d' not found on PATH
>
> update-rc.d is in package sysvinit.

I would assume he _has_ sysvinit installed because it is
 a) essential
 and
 b) in some thing he should have booted his PC, without sysvinit
 that's pretty impossible (due to lack of init, the /etc/init.d
 respectively /etc/rc.d directories)

The source of this problem has to be on an another place...

Ken: Do you have /usr/sbin/ in your PATH?

Regards,

Rene