Re: Broken packages [again::complete]

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 10:10, Johannes Ranke wrote:
> Hi Joris
>
> > Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
> >   freetype2-dev: Depends: freetype2 (= 1.3.1-1)
> >   nautilus-extra: Depends: nautilus (= 1.0.6-7.1) but 2.0.8-1 is to be installed
> >   nautilus-suggested: Depends: nautilus (= 1.0.6-7.1) but 2.0.8-1 is to be installed
> > E: Sorry, broken packages
>
> For the nautilus part: maybe in testing (higher version number) there is
> no nautilus-extra and no nautilus-suggested any more?
>
> My approach would be to look at the different versions (stable,testing)
> of the packages on
>
> http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
>
> and consider tagging packages to tell apt to use a certain version
> (stable or testing) of the packages you have specified. That means using
> apt-get with the -t stable or -t testing option.
>
> Hannes

It is complaining that you are trying to run versions of nautilus-extra
and nautilus-suggested that are no longer supported/necessary for
Nautilus 2.0, which you are also installing. Nautilus 2.0 shouldn't be
on any of the main pools, as it is now Nautilus 1.0.6 in testing, and
Nautilus 2.2.0.2 in unstable. Do you have any other sources you are
pulling thesepackages in from?
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org