Re: Problem compiling apache2 on testing

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 19:34, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 05:37:32PM -0500, Travis Crump wrote:
> > Eric Sharkey wrote:
> > >This is not a debian-testing issue.  The purpose of this list is to
> > >coordinate the testing and preparation of new debian releases.  It is
> > >not meant to handle general issues with the "testing" distribution.
> > >(This list was created several years before there was a testing
> > >distribution.)  For user issues, please post to debian-user.
> >
> > Why isn't debian-testing listed as a Development list instead of a User
> > list at <http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/subscribe>?  I think that
> > might be the source of a lot of the confusion.
>
> It's not really a development list: the aim of -testing was always to
> try to recruit users to test releases as they're nearing completion.
> Those users don't have to be inclined towards development, though, and
> in fact it's probably best if they aren't so that we avoid the
> can't-see-the-wood-for-the-trees problem.
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

For me, I first heard of this list on DWN where a question had arisen
about where a good place to ask "Testing pool"-specific questions could
be dealt with, and the discussion points listed there had offered this
list as unused/under-used and possibly available for adoption. I follow
it as a way to learn about what does come up on it, but I don't see the
apparent traffic to warrant users pinning to Testing (such as myself)
here for any and all solutions - the discussions just aren't happening
here at present.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org