Re: Upgrading XFree86

Hi Brian
So two questions, 1) Anyone installed a Matrox 550 card under Debian? What'd you do? and 2) What are all the packages I would need to upgrade to have all the X stuff at the testing level? Thanks for any help.

I can't help with apt stuff as I'm running 'testing'. I did recompile the kernel though, setting CONFIG_DRM_NEW=y # don't know if this one is necessary
	CONFIG_DRM_MGA=y

I'll send you my XF86Config-4 file for the G550 and the kernel config file
if you want them. Please mail me directly if so.

Hope you get it working.
Regards
--
William Morris