Re: Bad fonts in terminal window

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 09:48:28AM +0800, Dale Kemp wrote:

> >Hi All,
> >
> >	The type in terminal windows (Konsole) are broken and difficult
> >to read when signed in as a normal user.  If I log in as root they are
> >sharp and clear.  So I think I have a permissions problem somewhere.  I
> >have set /usr/X11/bin to permissions 755 as I was directed in an earlier
> >email.  I apologize for this 'newbie' question however I have not been
> >able to locate an answer in the docs.  A search of files with permission
> >set to 700 did not help.  Any ideas or documents to read would be
> >greatly appreciated.
> >
> >TIA,
> >
> >Jim Seymour
> >

> I get exactly the same problem the default konsole font has problems,
> symbols like '@' and 'M' overlap other
> characters.  I've resorted to selecting a custom font.

I just switched over to a custom font which works just fine.  I am still
curious as to why the standard font is just fine when logged in under
root.  To me it still seems like there is a permission problem
somewhere.  I am just glad to hear I am not the "only" one having this
problem :-)

Thanks,

Jim Seymour