CUPS Printer Admin faults

Hi All,

I've struck an issue with cupsys 1.1.20 final. I've successfully
installed a couple of printers via the 631 port web interface using the
foomatic ppd's, can print test pages sucessfully, but can't configure
the printers.  When attempting to configure the printers it fails with
"server-error-internal-error".  The printers are networked, in the past
I've only set-up local printers so perhaps there is a configurational
issue, despite being able to successfully print.
I've also come into difficulties with cupsaddsmb -a -v reporting
Warning: No PPD file for printer "HP_4000" - skipping!  The ppd's are
definitely there in /etc/cups/ppd & I'm logged in as root.
Cups error logs offer no assistance, nor google...

Anyone else able to compare results here?

Cheers,

Lewis Shobbrook