Kernel 2.6.6 does not recognise /dev/md0 automatically

Hi Guys,

I tried many things and just cannot fix this, after upgrading to kernel-image-2.6.6-1-686, the Debian machine does not recognize /dev/md0 anymore. Before, using kernel-image-2.4.25-1-386, the machine works well and will mount these automatically:

   /dev/md0   to    /boot
   /dev/md1   to    /

After upgrading to 2.6.6, during the boot process, it reports 'invalid superblock' on /dev/md0. I can continue without mounting /dev/md0 to /boot. But /dev/md0 continues to disappear:

   # cat /proc/mdstat
     Personalities : [raid1]
     md1 : active raid1 hda2[0] hdc2[1]
           4883648 blocks [2/2] [UU]

The /dev/md0 is not corrupted yet.  In kernel 2.6.6, I can still get it by

   # mdadm -A /dev/md0 /dev/hda1 /dev/hdc1
   mdadm: /dev/md0 has been started with 2 drives.
   # mount /dev/md0 /boot
   # cat /proc/mdstat
   Personalities : [raid1]
   md0 : active raid1 hda1[0] hdc1[1]
         80192 blocks [2/2] [UU]

   md1 : active raid1 hda2[0] hdc2[1]
         4883648 blocks [2/2] [UU]

Or I can boot into 2.4.25 and everything is fine. Mounting /boot on boot is not a necessity. But losing /dev/md0 for no reason is a major concern with 2.6.6. Do you know the reason and/or a fix? Waiting to hear from you.

The machine is a testing machine w Intel Celeron 366, 96MB RAM and 2x160GB ATA drives attached to /dev/hda and /dev/hdc for a RAID 1 configuration. Sarge is installed fresh from the installation CD downloaded from debian.org. Additional modules installed are mdadm, hdparm.

Regards,
Clement